We can answer housing related questions such as how to apply for affordable housing and how to refinance mortgages.
We help people navigate the world of personal finance — from opening a bank account to paying off medical expenses.
Our immigration law clinic does consultation and basic paperwork. For other cases we connect people with immigration lawyers.
We help community members explore adult continuing education and connect children with the public school system.
We assist with everything from document notarization to renewing documents with respective Consulates.
We work with professionals and businesses who have a culturally diverse clientele. Let us know how we can work together.
- Health — we help individuals apply for medical insurance, find a doctor and participate in community garden projects around the area.
- Safety — we assist community members with finding safe housing and learning about domestic violence resources.
- Social — participate in a quilting group and or join a The Jane House social event.
- Taxes — we provide access to competent tax preparers and education about tax penalties as part of the Affordable Care Act.
- Transportation — We familiarize newcomers with the Harrisonburg area transit system and how to locate transport to nearby cities.
- Employee Recruitment – Send job postings to us for employee recruitment and request recruitment of employees with particular skills.
- Community Education
- Traveling photo exhibit — verify if Visual Echoes of Voices Unseen is available for your group.
- Immigrant Learning Events — request a panel, experience, or local tour for your group.
- Lectures — request a teaching event on a particular topic, such as immigration law and services available to immigrants.
- Presentations — request an in depth presentation on the recent wave of immigrant populations.
- Community Fairs — request a NBIRC display for an event.
- Harrisonburg International Food Guide
- An online map of service agencies and organizations in the Shenandoah Valley