HousingWe can answer housing related questions such as how to apply for affordable housing and how to refinance mortgages.
FinancesWe help people navigate the world of personal finance — from opening a bank account to paying off medical expenses. Assistance with medical billing is supported in part by the RMH Foundation. Thank you!
ImmigrationOur immigration law clinic offers legal consultation and assistance with basic paperwork. For other cases, we connect people with immigration lawyers in Harrisonburg.
EducationWe help community members explore adult continuing education and connect children with the public school system.
LegalWe assist with everything from document notarization to renewing documents with respective Consulates.
ConsultingWe work with professionals and businesses who have a culturally diverse clientele. Let us know how we can work together.
- Health — we help individuals apply for medical insurance, find a doctor and participate in community garden projects around the area.
- Safety — we assist community members with finding safe housing and learning about domestic violence resources.
- Social — participate in a quilting group and or join a The Jane House social event.
- Taxes — we provide access to competent tax preparers and education about tax penalties as part of the Affordable Care Act.
- Transportation — We familiarize newcomers with the Harrisonburg area transit system and how to locate transport to nearby cities.
- Employee Recruitment – Send job postings to us for employee recruitment and request recruitment of employees with particular skills.
- Community Education
- Traveling photo exhibit — verify if Visual Echoes of Voices Unseen is available for your group.
- Immigrant Learning Events — request a panel, experience, or local tour for your group.
- Lectures — request a teaching event on a particular topic, such as immigration law and services available to immigrants.
- Presentations — request an in depth presentation on the recent wave of immigrant populations.
- Community Fairs — request a NBIRC display for an event.
- Harrisonburg International Food Guide
- An online map of service agencies and organizations in the Shenandoah Valley
Don’t see something listed on this page? Give us a call at 540-438-8295 and we’ll let you know if we can help.